Tamil Nadu Government Sports Quota 3% appointment of meritorious sportspersons in Public Sector Undertakings Order PDF Download
Sports 3% reservation in selection for appointment of meritorious sportspersons in the recruitment for identified posts in Government Departments and provisions for appointment of meritorious sportspersons in Public Sector Undertakings – Orders – Issued.
YOUTH WELFARE AND SPORTS DEVELOPMENT (S1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.(Ms) No.6 Dated: 20.02.2019
Announcement of the Hon’ble Chief Minister on 15.8.201E
G.O.(Ms).No.22, Youth Welfare and Sports Development Department, Dated 1 1 .10.2018.
Announcement of Hon’ble Chief Minister on 16.10.2018.
Minutes of the meeting of High Level Committee held on 3.1.2019.
During the Independence Day speech in the year 2018, the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, ma.de an announcement, among other things, that 2% Horizontal reservation would be provided in identified posts in Government Departments/Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) as per eligibility
- In the Government Order second read above, orders lrave been issued constituting a High Level Committee headed by the Chief Secretary to Government to frame detailed guidelines and modalities for implementation of reservation for meritorious sportspersons in the recruitment for the posts in Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
- Subsequently, on 16.10.2018, during the function of awarding of High Cash lncentive to medalists of 63rd National School Games 2017-18 and Felicitation function conducted by the Sports Associations in recognition of the above announcement, the Hon’ble Chief Minister has announced the enhancement of the above reservation from 2o/o to 3%.
- The meeting of the High Level Committee (HLC) under ” the Chairpersonship of the Chief Secretary to Government was held on 3.1.2019 to discuss the methodology of implementing the 3% reservation in selected posts in Government Departments / PSUs. The Committee recommended the guidelines and modalities for Sports Achievements Eligible for Quota in Government and appointment as meritorious sportspersons in PSUs including Applicability of Eligibility Criteria Prescribed for the Posts, Categorisation of Posts under Government / PSUs for different level of Sports Achievements, the posts identified in Government and PSUs with methodology of appointment, criteria for preparation of merit list and other eligible criteria and provisions.
- The Government after careful examination of the recommendations of the Hiqh Level Committee. order that:-
- the sports achievement eligible for quota under the Government and for appointment as meritorious sportspersons in PSUs, the applicability of eligibility criteria prescribed for the post, the posts identified for different levels of sports achievement and the methodology of appointment of the eligible sportspersons shall be as prescribed in the Annexure to this Government Order.
- 3% Quota will be allotted for eligible sportspersons in the recruitment for the posts identified by Government as given in the Annexure to this Government Order.
- the criteria for preparing the merit list by the Selection Committee and other criteria relating to appointment of the eligible sportspersons would be as prescribed in the Annexure to this Government Order.
- suitable amendments will be made to the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016 and Fundamental Rules accordingly.
- Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) are also instructed to adhere to the guidelines and modality for appointment of eligible meritorious sportspersons as given in the Annexure to this Government Order.
- Orders to constitute a Selection Committee for Category-II and Category-III posts as given in the Annexure to this Government Order will be issued separately
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
ANNEXURE TO G.O.(Ms) No.6. Youth Welfare and Sports Development
(S1) Department. Dated 20.02.2019
Guidelines and modalities regarding 3% quota for meritorious sportspersons in the recruitment for selected posts in Government Departments and provisions for appointment of meritorious sportspersons in PSUs.