TA DA Claim for Temporary duty special case of COVID-19
Processing and payment of TA/DA claims on Temporary Duty on account of special situation of COVID19 Pandemic
O/o the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Officers)
Golibar Maidan, PUNE-411001.
Technical section CircularNo-18
Subject: Processing and payment of TA/DA claims on Temporary Duty on account of special situation of COVID19 Pandemic
Of late a case has come to the notice and knowledge of the O/o PCDA (QO) Pune, wherein an Army Officer proceeded on Temporary duty for a specified period. The Officer was tested Covid positive during the temporary duty period and as per Epidemic Act/ NDMA Authority and State Administration instructions, the Officer was quarantined per force which led to his forced overstay in the Temporary Duty station. The Officer submitted his TA/DA Claim for the entire period of his stay at Temporary duty station along with Detention Certificate from the Temporary duty station covering the entire period of his stay at Temporary Duty station for regularisation and payment.
2. The case has since been got examined in light of the provision of the following Gol Orders which are stated below viz
- i. DoPT, New Delhi OM No 13020/ 1/2019-Estt(E) dt 07/06/2021 regarding, treatment of Quarantine period during Covid19 pandemic as period on duty.
- ii. MoD, DMA, New Delhi F. No A/30555/COVID-19/GS/DGMT dt 28.08.2020 stipulates that the power to regularise the disruption in Training/ Study leave period is delegated to the Dy COAS for the period from 20/3/2020 to 30/06/2021.
- iii. MoD, DMA, New Delhi F. No A/30555/COVID-19/GS/DGMT dt 26/11/2020 stipulates that the power to regularise the disruption in Training/Study leave period stands delegated to Army Commander, Hqrs ARTRAC, Shimla.
- iv. Subsequently, extension for regularisation of disruption in Training/Study leave was further extended from 01/07 2021 to 30/6/ 2022 vide MoD, DMA, New Delhi F. No A/30555/COVID-19/GS/DGMT dt 18/06/2021.
- v. Rule 91 of Travel Regulation stipulates that any move on duty which is ordered for a period of less than 180 days will be classified as temporary duty and TA/DA will be admissible during that specified period of TD.
3. On the analogy of the above orders which provide for extension to regularise forced overstay at training establishments and regularisation of quarantine period, it has since been decided by Competent Authority that the unprecedented situation was a fait accompli, force majeure eventuality and beyond the control of the Officer, such TA/DA claims may please be admitted in audit on the basis of Detention Certificate covering the entire period of stay in light of the above orders available /applicable for the same. The Officers will be entitled for TA/DA as a special case on account of Covid-19 pandemic disruption and divine wrath as per his entitlement after production and submission of all relevant documents warranted in audit (Original receipts) seeking the approval of competent authority.
4. The above order may be got noted by all for strict compliance. Any grievance from Army Officers for non admittance of such claims will be viewed seriously.
5. This is issued with the kind approval of the PCDA (QO) Pune.
(Smt. A R Chaudhury, IDAS)
Leave a Reply