5th CPC series Dearness Relief to the CPF beneficiaries PDF
No. 42/7/2021-P&PW (D)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3 Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi -110003
Dated 23rd Nov, 2021
Sub:- Grant of Dearness Relief in the 5th CPC series effective from 01.07.2021 to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of basic ex-gratia payment-reg
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even no. dated 20.09.2021 and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief admissible to the CPF beneficiaries in receipt of basic ex-gratia payment in the 5th CPC series shall be enhanced w.e.f 01.07.2021 in the following manner :
- (i) The surviving CPF beneficiaries who have retired from service between the period 18.11.1960 and 31.12.1985, and are entitled to basic ex-gratia @ Rs.3000, Rs.1000, Rs.750 & Rs.650 for Group A, B, C & D respectively w.e.f 4th June,2013 vide OM No. 1/10/2012-P&PW(E) dtd. 27th June, 2013 shall now be entitled to enhanced Dearness Relief from 356% of the basic ex-gratia to 368% of the basic ex-gratia w.e.f 01.07.2021.
- (ii) The following categories of CPF beneficiaries shall be entitled to enhanced Dearness Relief from 348% of the basic ex-gratia to 360% of the basic ex-gratia w.ef 01.07.2021:-
- (a) The widows and eligible children of the deceased CPF beneficiary who had retired from service prior to 1.1.1986 or who had died while in service prior to 1.1.1986 and are entitled to revised ex-gratia @ Rs.645/-p.m w.e.f 04 June, 2013 vide OM No 1/10/2012-P&PW(E) dated 27th June,2013.
- (b) Central Government employees who had retired on CPF benefits before 18.11.1960 and are in receipt of Ex-gratia payment of Rs. 654/-, Rs.659/-, Rs.703/- and Rs.965/-.
2. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
3. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities, including the nationalized banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
4. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, are concerned, these orders are issued in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution of India.
5. This issues in pursuance of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No. 1/3(2)/2008-E.11(B) dated 1st November, 2021
6. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India