Discontinuance of obtaining FG/Security bonds from GDS Gramin Dak Sevaks: Deptt of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi -110001
All Chief Postmaster General
All Postmasters General
Director, RAKNPA Ghaziabad
Director, Postal Training Centres
Director of Accounts(Postal)
Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service Corps,
APS Bhawan New Delhi
Subject:- Review of Security amount to be furnished by the Gramin Dak Sevaks.
Kindly refer to this office letter of even number dated 14.01.2020 wherein instructions for obtaining of FG/Security Bond were circulated.
2. Various references from GDS Union were received on the issue. The issue of obtaining FG/Security Bonds from GDS has been examined. The Competent Authority has decided to discontinue the practice of obtaining FG/Security Bonds from GDS with immediate effect.
3. Therefore, the following actions to be taken by Circles:-
- No new FG/Security Bonds needs to be obtained from newly engaged GDS or GDS who are yet to furnish FG/Security Bond.
- Existing FG/Security Bond need not be renewed after expiry of currency of the current Bond.
- Circles to review all the pending Vigilance/Disciplinary cases related to loss and fraud where GDS is involved. Circles are to ensure that amount involved in loss and fraud be recovered from the FG/Security Bond furnished by such GDS before expiry of currency of Bond.
- As soon as the validity of existing FG/Security Bond is expired, recovery from GDS in loss and fraud cases shall be regulated as per the provisions of Rule 9 and Rule 10 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2020.
4. I am therefore, directed to request you to take action accordingly.