Use the direct download link at the bottom of this page to get Maharashtra Birth Certificate Form PDF for free.
Form for Maharashtra Birth Certificate
In Maharashtra, a birth certificate can be obtained by submitting an application form in the appropriate format, together with a statement, to the appropriate Registrar office. Following the authority’s verification, the applicant’s birth information will be revised in accordance with Maharashtra state birth records, and a birth certificate will be issued.
Details to Include on the Birth Certificate
- Date of birth of the child
- Gender of the child
- Name of child – If not named, leave blank
- Name of the father or Mother
- Place of birth
- Method of delivery
- Weight of the child
- Details of Hospital where the child is born
Required Documents List
The following papers are required in order to obtain a Maharashtra birth certificate:
- Identity proof of the parents for verification
- Parent’s marriage certificate
- Letter from the hospital – Proof of birth of the child issued by the hospital where the child is born
- Parents’ birth certificate or SSC marks sheet
Apply Online for Birth Certificate in Maharashtra
You can also apply online for a Birth Certificate through the official website of Maharashtra Apple Sarkaar at https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in or this direct link of the Maharashtra government website.
The Functions of a Birth Certificate
The following are some of the reasons why you might need a birth certificate:
- The birth certificate is one of the important proof for applying for voter ID
- To get admission to an educational institution, a birth certificate is necessary
- The birth certificate serves as important proof for entering military service
- The birth certificate is important for the settlement of inheritance and property rights
- To receive insurance benefits
- The birth certificate needs to be submitted in some places to get a marriage certificate and prove age
- For obtaining a driving license and passport in India
- To receive pension and health insurance provided by the Government
Use the link below to get the Maharashtra Birth Certificate Application Form in PDF format.