Notification regarding extension of lockdown in West Bengal Download PDF 2021
On the 15th of May 2021, the West Bengal government declared a state-wide lockdown for a fortnight, beginning at 6 a.m. on Sunday, May 16, and ending at 6 p.m. on May 30. It also imposed a night curfew, which will be enforced from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. every night beginning Sunday.
WB lockdown guidelines
- Except for emergency and essential services, all government and private offices will remain closed.
- Except for food-related and essential services, all stores will be closed. Vegetable, grocery, milk, and meat stores may be open from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Except for emergency services, all public transportation will be suspended during the lockdown.
- The tea industry can function with only half of its employees.
- All congregations – educational, administrative, religious, and so on – will come to a halt.
- Home delivery and e-commerce will be permitted.
- Automobile repair shops are permitted to be open.
- Parks and gardens have been closed.
- Marriage can take place with a group of up to 50 people.
- Banks will be open between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.