The NREGA scheme aims to improve rural living standards by providing poor people with unskilled labor jobs for up to 100 days every financial year.
Form for NREGA Job Card
Individuals in rural households can apply for paid work with the Gram Panchayat in their region using an NREGA job card form, which ensures transparency in the process and protects employees from fraudulent activity.
The local Gram Panchayat can have an NREGA Job Card application form, or the application can be written on plain paper. Because of the low internet penetration in rural India, the MGNREGA work card application process is currently conducted entirely offline. Individuals can, however, download the NREGA Job Card Form from the official NREGA website (www.nrega.nic.in).
In the Job Card Form, the following information is provided:
- Photograph of the applicant(s)
- Name, Age and Gender of all NREGA Job Card Applicants from the household
- Name of Village
- Name of Gram Panchayat
- Name of Block
- Details of whether the applicant(s) is/are beneficiaries of SC/ST/IAY/LR
- Specimen Signature/Thumb impression of applicants
- Additionally, proof documents such a Ration card, Voter ID Card, Aadhaar, PAN need to be submitted as well.
After all necessary documents have been submitted, the applicant(s) will receive an NREGA work card within 15 days of submission.
Form for NREGA Job Card Eligibility
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, which is implemented by the federal government, applies to rural areas in all states. The eligibility requirements for earning benefits under the NREGA scheme are as follows:
- Must be Citizen of India to seek NREGA benefits
- Jobseeker has completed 18 years of age at the time of application
- NREGA applicant must be part of a local household (i.e. application must be made with local Gram Panchayat)
- Applicant must volunteer for unskilled labour.