Grant of Dearness Relief to Rajasthan State Government Pensioners (revised from 17% to 28%)
[DR Order Dated: 15-July-2021]
GOVERNMENT OF RAJASTHAN
Jaipur, dated 15 July 2021
DR ORDER 2021
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to State Government Pensioners.
The Governor is pleased to order that the existing rate of Dearness Relief sanctioned vide Finance Department Order of even number dated 27-03-2020 to the State Government Pensioners who are in receipt of superannuation, retiring, invalid, compensation, family and extraordinary pension etc. shall be revised from 17% to 28% with effect from 01-07-2021.
For the purpose of this order –
- (i) Pension/ Family Pension in the case of pre-01-01-2016 retirees and where Family Pension was sanctioned prior to 01-01-2016, means the Revised Pension or Revised Family Pension, as the case may be, effective from 01-01-2016 in terms of Finance Department Memorandum No. F.12(6)FD(Rules)/2017 dated 30-10-2017 as amended vide Order No. F.12(6)FD(Rules) 2017 dated 09-12-2017 and F.12(6)FD(Rules)/ 2017 Pt.-I dated 06-06-2018.
- (ii) In the case of pensioners who retire from service on or after 01-01-2017 or where family pension is sanctioned for the first time on or after 01-01-2017, Pension/Family Pension means the Basic Pension/ Basic Family Pension, as the case may be, in terms of Finance Department Notification No. F. 12(6)FD(Rules) 2017 dated 30-10-2017 as amended vide Order No. F.12(6)FD(Rules) 2017 dated 09-12-2017.
- (iii) Dearness Relief will also be admissible on the additional quantum of pension/ family pension allowed to the pensioners who have attained the age of 80 years and above.
- (iv) Payment of Dearness Relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
- (v) Other provisions governing grant of dearness relief to pensioners such as regulation of dearness relief during employment/ re-employment, regulation of dearness relief where more than one pension is drawn, etc., will remain unchanged.
- (vi) This order shall also be applicable in the case of Pensioners /Family Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension.
- (vii) This order shall not be applicable in the case of Old Age Pensions, Political Pensions, or any other kind of similar pensions, which are not related to the service rendered under Government.
- (vii) Dearness Relief at revised rates as above would also be admissible to pensioners who retired/ retire from service of Panchayat Samiti or Zila Parishad and whose Pension Payment Orders have been issued by the Director, Local Fund Audit Department or Director, Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- (ix) DR reflects the additional installments arising on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020, and 01.01.2021. The rate of Dearness Relief for the period 01.01.2020 to 30.06.2021 shall remain at 17%.
- (x) Cash payment shall be admissible from 01-07-2021 i.e. pension for the month of July 2021 payable on 01-08-2021.
By order of the Governor,