GDS Kamlesh Chandra Committee Report | Kamlesh Chandra Committee Report on GDS Pay Revision | Kamlesh Chandra Report Gramin Dak Sevaks | GDS BPM workload point
Major recommendations made by Shri Kamlesh Chandra Committee to look into the service conditions of Gramin Dak Sevaks – DoP
KAMLESH CHANDRA COMMITTEE – Annexure- I
- The old system of payment of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) is dispensed with and replaced with a new wage payment system. Under the new wage payment system, 11 TRCA slabs are subsumed into 3 Wage Scales with two Levels each for BPMs and for other than BPMs. One wage scale would be common for both the categories of GDSs.
- The minimum working hours of GDS Post Offices and GDSs are increased to 4 hours from 3 hours.
- The new working hours for GDS Post Offices will be 4 hours and 5 hours only.
The Level 1 GDS Post Offices / GDSs will have 4 hours as working hours and Level – 2 will have 5 hours as working hours.
- The Point System for assessment of workload of BPMs has been abolished.
- The new wage payment system is linked to revenue generation of GDS Post Offices. Under the new system, there will be no increase in wages of BPMs from Level -1 to Level -2 on the basis of workload but the same will be increased based on achievement of prescribed revenue norms which is fixed at 100% for normal areas and 50% for special areas.
- The GDS Post Offices not achieving the prescribed revenue norm within the given working hours will have to open GDS Post Offices for minimum of additional 30 minutes beyond the prescribed working hours.
- The GDS BPMs will be paid Revenue Linked Allowance @10% beyond level-2 wage scale if they will be successful in achieving revenue beyond prescribed norms.
- The GDS Post Offices has been categorized into A, B, C, and D categories based on the revenue generation norms. The GDS Post Office in A category will achieve 100% revenue norm. The Committee has recommended a set of actions for each category of GDS Post Offices.
- The six approved categories of GDSs are subsumed into two categories only. One category will be Branch Post Master and all other 5 categories of GDSs are subsumed into one Multi Tasking Category.