Download the retirement age of Tamil Nadu government employees increased from 59 to 60 years Govt Order PDF
Retirement age of TN government employees increased to 60 years PDF | Tamil Nadu retirement age Government order PDF 2021 | TN govt retirement age 60 GO
Public Services – Age of Superannuation of Government servants, teachers, etc. – Increased to 60 years – Orders – Issued.
PERSONNEL AND ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS (S) DEPARTMENT
- G.0O.(Ms.) No.532, Personnel and Administrative Reforms
(Personnel – M) Department, dated 25.04.1979.
- G.O.(Ms.) No.51, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S)
Department, dated 07.05.2020.
- Announcement made by the Hon’ble Chief Minister under Rule 110 on the floor of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly on 25.02.2021
During the Interim Budget session 2021-2022, the Hon’ble Chief Minister has made an announcement on the floor of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly on 25.02.2021 inter-alia to increase the retirement age of Tamil Nadu State Government employees from 59 to 60 years and the orders would be applicable to employees of the Government and Government Aided Educational Institutions, Legal and Constitutional Bodies, Public Sector Undertakings, Local Bodies, Commissions, Boards, and Societies. The Hon’ble Chief Minister also said that all those who are in service and those who would retire on 31.05.2021 would be covered under the announcement.
- Accordingly, the Government orders to increase the age of superannuation of Government servants / teachers from 59 years to 60 years. This will apply to all those who are in service as on date and due to retire on superannuation from 31.05.2021.
- This order shall also be applicable to all teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions and employees of all Constitutional / Statutory Bodies, Public Sector Undertakings including all State Corporations, Local Bodies, Boards, Commissions and Societies.
- Necessary amendments to Tamil Nadu Fundamental Rules will be issued separately.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT